Monday, March 27, 2006

CultureSluts Podcast #18

A big fat hello from the CultureSluts with Podcast number 18! Easily offended listeners this probably isn't the episode for you... or maybe it is, our offence-o-meter's never been used before.

We're in Filmbase's Curved St. Cafe (for the last time as it's under new - not as good - management) talking about the Paddy's day Daily Source Code, our download statistics and the reliability of the Frappr Map - our googleability.

On the "culture" side of things, we talk about tabloid newspapers, Soccer AM, the GAA, Athlone being the Berlin of Ireland, Varga Girl pinups, Asian genetalia, Paddy's Day, and the Blog Awards.

We get excited about the Electric Picnic lineup, and Jessie gives the update on the latest Love Action gigs: Our latest venture, the monthly Shotgun Club debuting on April 6 with Sickboy, Moutpiece, Queen Kong and LPX.

We finish off the cast with a track from Sickboy

5 Comments:

Blogger fixer said...

just to clear up a couple of things:

I have never had yellow fever and know nothing about Asian fanny.

Also, I wear many, many aloha shirts! I have none with horses, but wouldn't mind one.

I'll wear a hawaiian shirt to VooDoo tomorrow night.

10:11 AM  
Blogger fixer said...

The Tom Waits song in question:

http://www.keeslau.com/TomWaitsSupplement/Lyrics/Swordfishtrombones/Shoreleave-ub.htm

10:29 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Hey Fixer - I believe you about the shirt, but nothing else ;-)

10:55 AM  
Blogger fixer said...

LA was full of Asian girls, and only very few of them did I ever take a second glance at. Those that caught my eye were invariably taller, more "western" genes, and Vietnamese.

I guess I love me some war babbies.

As for believing me about anything else, just remember, poker players never lie.

10:46 AM  
Blogger fixer said...

are you waiting for an encore clap? where's 19?! Bring the gear to Pravda, I'll help record one then, as a parting gift.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home